Web designing is essentially about arranging the format of pages, including pictures and text. Website designers start by thinking about the customer's goals and only then proceed to Information Architecture (IA). A Web designer is somebody who plans the content. They can make use of numerous technologies but mostly depend on hypertext and hypermedia assets including CSS, HTML, and other Web design tools. Website designers can also utilize a few fundamental design principles to create a pleasing format which additionally offers a satisfying client experience.
- Balance – It's crucial for website designers to make a balanced design. In web designing, we work with heavy (dark colors) and light (lighter colors) components. Ensuring the right percentage of each is vital for making a balanced design.
- Contrast – The way colors work, different colors are set opposite to each other on a color wheel. Website design also has a few different segments where contrast is pertinent. It can be contrasting surfaces, sizes, and shapes to identify and bring notice to certain segments.
- Emphasis – We learned a bit of this while reading about contrast. Emphasis means the deliberate "highlighting" of certain essential parts of the site. It's key to remember that when you accentuate all parts of the page, you essentially accentuate no part. Think of a page in a book that you highlighted 90% of- does anything jump out? This is an ideal time to check out Information Architecture.
- Consistency – Also called rhythm, it is a vital principle in designing. For instance, precise and quick navigation ensures the top user experience for visitors.
- Unity – It is the connection amongst the many components of the site design and the structure altogether.
Creating User-Friendly Web Design
Other than the fundamental design principles of website designing that make a webpage artistic, a site should also be made thinking about the end user. Ease of use can be accomplished by focusing on the following variables.
- Navigation : Menus, the architecture of the site, and other features for navigation in and around the website must be designed with keeping in mind how the clients would like to search and browse through. The objective is to assist the client in moving around the website effortlessly, and finding what they need effortlessly.
- Multimedia : Adding relevant audio and video stimulus in the site can aid customers in understanding the data, and learning in a simple and fast way. This can motivate guests to invest more time on the web page.
- Compatibility : Design the site page in a way that it functions uniformly across various browsers and OS, to build traffic.
- Technology : With the improvements in technology, designers have more freedom than ever before to include developments and motion, thus creating a website that is in every way -new, dynamic and of course professional.
- Interactive : Increase participation and contribution by users, by including options to like, share, comment and vote in opinion polls in the planning. For ease of converting visitors to potential customers, add email forms and an option to sign up for newsletters and other information via email.
How can Professional Web Design help Your online business today ?
As vital as it is having an awesome domain name, professional web design can aid you:
1 To fulfill client needs
Professional Web design knows the issues your guests face or might face in future – helping them find what they need without deciphering from complex and unnecessary design tools. Ensuring that the site navigation is simple, steady and straightforward to help create a positive rapport with your clients.
2 Draw in search engines
Regardless of how engaging you make your website appear, it won't come on the Google's results pages if it's not coded the way the search engines can read.
3 Get rid of technical glitches
It doesn't need a lot of efforts to lose a client today. Dropped images, long loading time, and not updated links are some of the issues that can be rectified by a professional Website design company.
By connecting with both clients and search engines, a good website design company performs a two-fold function that can drastically increase your online deals.
Website developers, often simply called developers, take the prepared design and assemble an efficient working site.
Back-end development controls what happens in the background of the web application. A back-end ordinarily utilizes a database to induce the front-end ( examples of such system are wordpress based cms websites, magneto ecommerce websites or php/mysql web systems ).
Website developers may change a static outline into a dynamic one with the use of content and picture sliders, nimble states for buttons and links, and other components.
How to Design a Website
Making up your mind
Planning is the primary step of any undertaking, not just web designing. Think of all the website design ideas and understand the purpose of the site you're going to design and if there are any must-have requirements. Define each part that you can think of before starting, it'll save time later on and serve as a kind of blueprint when designing.
These are some key components you need to consider in this stage :
- Purpose/target of the site.
- Style and feel (colors, typography, and so on.): Do some survey and research, what is it that customers want today? What's working or not working with the other sites? Prepare a little in order to decide how you to want to make your site.
- Target audience.
- Market research: What are the top websites doing?
- What does the client want: Is it sensible? Is it cost-effective? Proposing alternate ideas to the client is also an aspect of your responsibilities.
- Page size : As usual, consider your audience, what platforms do they use to view the site.
- Usability : Though ensuring that your website looks great, it's not the only thing you should be concerned with. Make sure that the site you design is also easy to understand, each component is placed effectively, there is sufficient white area, navigations is easy and quick and everything is organized well.
Move to pixels from paper
When you're clear on how you need the site to look, proceed to the computer. Most individuals use Adobe Photoshop as their principle design software, however, there are free options like GIMP also available. Choose which programme you want to utilize for this, and get working. Start with the wireframe and after that, start adding components to your design. The more your plan is well organized, the easier it will be to make adjustments on the off chance that the client chooses to change something during the procedure.
Finally - Developing
The first thing you have to do is slice your design. This implies cutting your design into pieces into individual web files ( Well this does not apply for theme based web site development as everything is done for you, just need to get it installed in server and configured with the help of a freelance web designer or web development agency ). When you have every component of your site arranged, it's time to code. You need to compose the CSS and HTML for the fundamental design. If you are someone who's learning, this might be the trickiest task of the process. Once done, you can add interactive components to your design plan to make a dynamic website. In order to be able to rearrange changes in future, try and keep the code clean and test everything before the launch of the webpage.
What if something isn't looking good ?
In that case, again set your objectives, distinguish the KPIs as per your need and once you have the list of the underlying changes, put everything on paper and find a website redesign company who will transform your list into tech language, and correct the components you want to be changed.
Naturally, if you want a professional website design, it'll consequently generate higher website design costs as it means more coding.
Web Designer vs. Web Developer
Earlier, the explanation for this was straightforward: Designers do the designing and developers do the coding.
Today we need somewhat more differentiation – It's very hard to come across a website designer who wouldn't know some CSS and HTML, and you don't have to go far to come across a front-end developer who doesn’t know how to come up with a storyboard. But when talking strictly about the basic concepts of web design vs. web development, the answer is somewhat clearer.
Basically, web designing includes both the superficial segment of the site and the ease of use. Website designers usually make use of tools like Adobe Photoshop to make the design of the site and other visual components.
SMEs searching for a website design company, website development company or a website redesign company for their current site might get puzzled by the overlapping use of “Web Designing” and “Web Development”. Although many people in the industry can do both, numerous organizations today have specialized designers who design the format for the site and after that, hand the format over to a developer who finishes with the web designing and development.